Ronnie is founder and Chairman of Thelo Group (Thelo), an independent and diversified investment company with interests in the aviation, railway, and financial services sectors.
He currently serves as Chief Executive of Thelo Rolling Stock, an operating joint venture between Thelo and the Industrial Development Corporation. Thelo Rolling Stock applies its balance sheet to financing the acquisition of rolling stock (Locomotives and Freight Wagons) for Rail Operators, Concession Holders and Freight Owners throughout the Sub-Saharan region of Africa.
Ronnie is also:
- a member on the board of the African Export-Import Bank (AFRIEXIMBANK).
- a member of the Honorary International Investor Council (HIIC) for the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- a member of the Pan-African Private Sector Trade Policy Committee (PAFTRAC)
- a member of the holdings board of directors for P&O Ferries, a United Kingdom based international maritime ferries corporation.
- Deputy Chairman of Comair Limited, a Johannesburg Stock Exchange listed company with investments in the Aviation and Travel sectors, operating airlines such as British Airways and Kulula.
- Director on the boards of Johannesburg Stock Exchange listed Allied Electronics Corporation Limited (Altron) and its 100% subsidiary Altron TMT (Pty) Limited (Altech).
- Former Chairman of the National Empowerment Fund (NEF): a multi billion Rand Development Finance Agency established by the government of the Republic of South Africa to promote and drive economic transformation and development of the South African economy.
Preceding his role at Thelo, Ronnie founded Andisa Capital, in partnership with one of Africa’s largest banking groups. Ronnie is ALSO former President of the Johannesburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry and holds a LLB from Edinburgh University.