Born and schooled in Kenya, qualified in the UK and USA, Sarit resides permanently in South Africa to manage the Safal Group’s widely spread business interests.
Sarit has extensive experience in business leadership and development, and is currently fully occupied in managing his wide business role within the Safal Group, a market leader in the Roofing & Steel Industry in most countries in Eastern and Southern Africa, and India.
After graduating with a BSc (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Manchester University in 1988, Sarit gained brief work experience in the UK before embarking on a full time MBA through the University of Rochester, New York, USA. On completion in 1991 he moved to Uganda to start a business importing and stocking to sell building products. This ultimately led to his relocation to South Africa in 1996, and the commencement of his journey at the Safal Group in various leadership roles as below.
- Steel Supplies (Malawi) Limited (Chairman)
- Mabati Rolling Mills Limited (Kenya: Director)
- Safal Steel (Pty) Limited (South Africa: Chairman)
- Safintra Investments (Pty) Ltd (South Africa: Chairman)
- Safintra Roofing India Limited (Director)
- Trustee of the Mabati-EIB Trust in Kenya